The course is aimed at heads and managers of education institutions, administrative staff in education institutions, vocational education teachers, teacher trainers, and career coaches. The course will help develop participants’ leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills. The course emphasises the role of the team leader in driving improvement of team members and the institution, as well as managing conflict situations.
Participants will explore both formal and informal coaching models, work on monitoring staff and performance, giving constructive feedback, and delivering difficult messages. Participants will learn how to embed mentoring techniques into their daily interactions with staff, promoting healthy team dynamics, and ultimately create a positive environment for both the staff and learners in an education institution.
The participants will also have the possibility to network and share experiences with other European colleagues.
After completing the course, participants will have/be able to:
- analyse formal and informal models and principles of coaching and mentoring
- analyse their role as team leaders in effective coaching and mentoring
- use key questions to assess their staff’s skills and abilities
- use different techniques to deliver feedback, motivate staff for change and monitor their progress
- use effective strategies to manage, and discipline team members
- use persuasive language, phrases that shift others’ thinking and de-escalate conflict situations
- use specific steps and strategies to manage difficult and conflict situations
- meet colleagues from other European countries, share experiences and examples of good practice