The course is aimed at teachers (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs), teacher trainers, career coaches, and heads of education institutions. The course will provide participants with a range of teaching approaches and strategies that are learner-centered and that improve the quality of the teaching and learning process.
The course is focused on encouraging and developing creativity, creative and critical thinking, as well as project-based learning, with the overarching aim of increasing learner autonomy and motivation. The course will not only challenge participants’ own creativity, but also provide them with innovative and ready to use strategies and activities that will spark and develop creativity in any learning environment.
Participants will have an opportunity to develop and expand their personal and professional competences, as well as build confidence in promoting innovative and active pedagogies.
After completing the course, participants will have/be able to:
- use different approaches and activities to develop their own and learners’ creativity and creative thinking
- use drama and theatre related activities in the classroom
- apply different strategies to encourage critical and lateral thinking in their students
- use student-centered teaching approaches in the classroom
- analyse and identify modern trends in assessment
- use different approaches and activities to conduct peer and self-assessment with their learners
- apply effective strategies to encourage learner autonomy and metacognition
- meet colleagues from other European countries, share experiences and examples of good practice